This is a weekly round-up of all things Mid Century Modern in the news. Houses that have been renovated, demolished. Interesting news about furnishings, the real deal or reproductions. Occasionally related articles that I’ve written (I specialize in writing about historic preservation and architecture).
Here’s the first round-up of news in no particular order:
- A Michigan City, Indiana couple buys and maintains a 1958-1962 time capsule home that includes original furnishings and appliances.
- Who would have thunk Elgin, Illinois as a hub for Mid Century Modern architecture? A group of historic preservation activists did.
- One historic preservation board used a Mid Century Modern theme for its 2018 calendar. Smart!
- This Dallas hotel, built in 1956, was recently home to pigeons and rats. A $250 million renovation returned it to its Mid Century Modern glory.
- Pool hopping sounds like heaven particularly when it’s a place as retro as Palm Springs, the mecca of Mid Century modernism.
That’s it. Let me know what you think in the comments.