A Round up of all things Mid Century Modern:
- If you’ve any of the Disney Pixar’s (Boss Babe, anyone?), you can’t help but notice all of the Mid Century Modern references: automobiles, homes are distinctly 1950s and 60s. Ralph Eggleston talks about that Sunday in Palm Springs’ Modernism Week.
- For Chicago area locals: a few Mid Century Modern chairs are on exhibit at the Richard Driehaus Museum including the Molded Plywood Lounge Chair designed by Charles and Ray Eames for Herman Miller, the Bertoia Diamond Chair by Harry Bertoia for Knoll and Frank Gehry’s Superlight Chair.
- Midwest classic car fans will want to attend the April 27 Evening of Fun and Fortune at the Kokomo Automotive Museum in Indiana.
- Not particularly newsy, but these 1940s/1950s wallpapers? I’d put them on a folding screen so I could take my wall with me wherever I go.
- Frank Lloyd Wright house with 1960s autos parked in front, as photographed by architect John Vinci.
That’s it for now, friends.