In no particular order, here are the things all Mid Century Modern that have fascinated me. I’ll start in the order of what fascinates me most:
- This Brisbane, Australia home is beyond adorable, but there is no word on the classic car in the photo above. I’m dying to know more. Please tell me, writer, don’t leave me hanging on this crucial detail!
- First peek at the TWA Hotel. Will watching airplanes take off and land ever get old?
- Wow. I’m checking out this book of photographer Marvin Rand’s book…like tomorrow. Really rad 1960s vintage photos of Mid Century Modern homes.
- Jennifer Aniston and other celebs in their Mid Century Modern (inspired) homes.
- The Man Who Saved Havana. Interesting story, I’ll bookmark it to read it later.
That’s it friends. If you’re in Chicago, enjoy the weather!
Here’s my weekly round-up of all things Mid Century Modern, a list that I build all week long.
- I’m loving these garage doors of a Naperville, Ill. Mid Century Modern 1959 home. All it needs is a classic car for an out-of-this-world photo op.
- Interesting concept: can a vegan diner save a Mid Century Modern commercial building?
- Mid Century Modern church from 1959 was nearly shut down…but parish paid off debt and brought in 40 new families. What other churches will need to do to survive.
- A couple with a baby on board restore a 1946 trailer on their own.
- The city of Greenville, S.C. wants to designate this 1955 home as a historic landmark.
That’s it for today, friends. Over and out for now.